Adoptions are not on a first come, first served basis, but rather we make every attempt to match families with the most compatible dog. We reserve the right to deny any application.
- Do research on this breed. Suggested reading material: Great Dane Breed Information (PDF)
- Submit application and $25 application fee* (this fee will be applied toward the adoption fee if adoption is done within 30 days of application) .
- Please allow 7 – 10 days to process your application. We will follow up with an email/phone call with status.
- Vet references will be checked prior to viewing available Danes.
- A home evaluation will be scheduled and conducted
- Upon completion of steps 1 – 5 and approval from our board, we will work to find matches for you. If we determine that there are currently no suitable Danes for you, please be patient. You will be placed on a waiting list and contacted when a match is available.
- Once you have visited with a potential match, you need to notify us of your intent to adopt or not adopt within 24 hours by email or phone.
- Before adopting, an adoption fee must be paid. This goes toward medical care, supplies & food.
- This is not the end of the process. We will follow up on the placement in future months.
*By clicking the “Donate” button on the right side of this screen, you will be taken to Paypal. This is where you can pay your $25 application fee. When reviewing the transaction before checkout, you will see the words “+Add Special Instructions to the Seller“ in small blue letters. If you click on that link, a box will come up so you can specify that this is for your adoption application fee.