Adoptions are not on a first come, first served basis, but rather we make every attempt to match families with the most compatible dog. We reserve the right to deny any application.
- Do research on this breed. Suggested reading material: Great Dane Breed Information (PDF)
- Please allow 7 – 10 days to process your application. We will follow up with an email/phone call with status.
- Vet references will be checked prior to viewing available Danes.
- A home evaluation will be scheduled and conducted
- Upon completion of steps 1 – 5 and approval from our board, we will work to find matches for you. If we determine that there are currently no suitable Danes for you, please be patient. You will be placed on a waiting list and contacted when a match is available.
- Once you have visited with a potential match, you need to notify us of your intent to adopt or not adopt within 24 hours by email or phone.
- Before adopting, an adoption fee must be paid. This goes toward medical care, supplies & food.
- This is not the end of the process. We will follow up on the placement in future months.