First thing to remember is don’t panic. Here is a list put together by Iams.
- Look all over your property, including new places where your dog might try to hide.
- Search the neighborhood. Talk to your neighbors, and leave a note with your name & phone number at houses where no one is home. Call your pet’s name frequently.
- Help your pet find his way home. Place bedding or some of your dirty clothes outside your house as a homing scent.
- Call local veterinarians, shelters, rescues and humane societies. Also check with Dept. of Transportation in case your pet was injured on the road.
- Post flyers in the area. Include a photo, detailed description and your phone number (but not your name or address).
- Place a “lost dog” ad in your local newspaper’s classifieds.
For more information & tips on what to do visit www.iams.com.