We are always looking for volunteers to help in various capacities, such as:
- Fostering - This is the opportunity to foster a Great Dane in your home. Since we do not have a shelter, all of our Danes are placed in foster homes. If you are interested, please fill out the Foster Application and you will begin a great volunteer adventure. Any questions about fostering can be sent to us at email@example.com.
- Transport – This is the opportunity to transport Danes from shelters, from foster homes to vets when the foster is not available to do so, to adoption events, etc… Please review our Transport Guidelines (PDF) .
- Events - This is the opportunity to work at the different events that GDRST goes to. We need people to help setup and tear down the booth, people to man the booth, and people to talk about GDRST.
- Meet & Greets - This is the opportunity to set up a booth around town. We do Meet & Greets to get the word out about our rescue group. These can be set up at a local place such as dog hotels/daycares, grocery stores, parks, etc… If you know of a local place to do a Meet & Greet, please let us know.
- Fundraising - This is the opportunity to help our fundraising team. Since we are an all volunteer, non-profit group this helps us raise money for all of our rescues throughout the year. You would help out the Fundraising Committee plan and execute fundraising events.
- Crafts – This is the opportunity to get your savvy craft skills to work. We always need stuff to sell at our booths. If you like to sew, you can assist us with making bandannas or dog clothing. We also have great tug toys that can be made out of fleece. If you have any creative ideas on items we could sell, we could sure use you.
- Media (photography, videos, graphics) – This opportunity is to help our photographer get pictures at Meet & Greets, Fundraising Events & other activities GDRST is involved in, so that we can put them up on the website, in the newspaper, etc… We also have videos that need to be put togther for different events.
If you have a skill, service, or talent that you believe will benefit us, we would love to have you. We love new ideas! Please complete the Volunteer Form to get started. Thanks!!
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments regarding our areas of volunteering.